The Program Specialist under the direction of the Manager, Evidence Based Practice Unit (EBPU) plays a key role in supporting front-line organizations and service providers and is frequently the first point of contact for all client inquiries. This position provides service in a customer-focused manner. The Program Specialist will connect with clients to address questions and resolve issues through multiple channels including email, telephone, and video conferencing. Additionally, will work with various team members to resolve client support concerns, and to provide administrative support to the team as required.
- A one year full-time contract position for a highly-skilled specialist in a setting that offers exceptional learning opportunities and professional growth
- An opportunity to collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders including people living with HIV, researchers, clinicians and policymakers and be engaged in research that aims to improve the lives of people living with HIV, and contribute to the epidemiological monitoring of HIV in Ontario.
- A welcoming and accessible environment, which encourages initiative, cross-functional teamwork, knowledge-sharing and collaborative problem solving to drive excellence.
- Handles all incoming client requests and inquiries and provides thoughtful, personalized communication via email and phone and tracks all requests.
- Listen to, understand, and report on client feedback to drive change with processes/systems.
- Oversees the administration of training sessions, including: promotion of training, tracking attendance, troubleshooting software, booking online meeting rooms and distribution of all material.
- Delivers online training sessions, develop training materials in consultation with team members .
- Drafts communication and user documentation materials including FAQs and user help guides.
- Maintains and updates data collection tools.
- Generates monthly and quarterly reports, reviews and checks for accuracy.
- Prepares agendas, transcribes minutes and tracks and updates action items.
Knowledge and experience
- Post-secondary education with 2 years working experience in a client support role
- A willingness to learn and to be challenged
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions (colleagues and/or clients)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with technology and eager to engage with new products
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Team player, adaptable to a fast pace environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail and efficient time management
- HIV/AIDS experience/knowledge, including experience working with marginalized populations
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in and qualify for this position by November 24, 2017 via email to [email protected] quoting “PROGRAM SPECIALIST” in the subject line. We will contact you within three weeks after the application deadline if you have been selected to move forward in the process. We thank all applicants for their interest but will not be contacting those individuals who are not selected for further consideration.
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network is committed to employment equity and to the greater involvement and meaningful engagement of people living with HIV/AIDS (GIPA/MIPA) in all that we do. We encourage applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS and people with culturally diverse backgrounds to join our team.
At OHTN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. OHTN is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.