Scientific Review Committee
The Scientific Review Committee evaluates all proposals submitted to the Impact-Focused Research Program for relevance and potential impact, as well as scientific and technical merit, using a two-stage review process adapted from the U.S. National Institutes of Health Enhanced Review Criteria.
The Scientific Review Committee (SRC) consists of Canadian and international scientists from all disciplines relating to HIV, as well as community members and research/knowledge users experienced in HIV research to ensure that the research is relevant and has a high probability of significantly impacting one or more of the populations most affected by HIV in Ontario.
Scientific Review Committee Members
- Velpandi Ayyavoo, Department of Infectious Diseases & Microbiology, University of Pittsburgh/GSPH
- Keith Fowke, Department of Medical Microbiology and Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba
- Michael Grant, Division of BioMedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University
- Rick Novak (Track Chair), Infectious Diseases, Dept. of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Malcolm Steinberg, Division of STI/HIV Prevention and Control, BC Centre for Disease Control and Public Health Practice, Simon Fraser University
- Timothy Christie, Director, Ethics Services, Saint John Regional Hospital
- Susan Kirkland, Departments of Community Health and Epidemiology and Medicine, Dalhousie University
- Kate Shannon, B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- Jacqueline C. Gahagan, School of Health & Human Performance, Dalhousie University
- Treena Orchard (Acting Track Chair), Assistant Professor Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Western Ontario
Community Members & Research/Knowledge Users
Other members will be added to ensure appropriate expertise in the areas of the research submitted.